Gulf Winds Drive
A Gulf Winds Drive public meeting was hosted by the City on August 26, 2021. As discussed at the meeting, the City’s project to install a new sanitary sewer pipe under Gulf Winds Dr has been completed and re-paving is being planned. The City was seeking input from the neighborhood regarding roadway safety improvements to the street to address concerns about speeding vehicles, pedestrian/cyclist safety, and other traffic concerns.
Based on the feedback received, the consensus of the neighborhood group included the following items:
- 6ft sidewalk with a large landscape buffer on the West side of Gulf Winds Dr
- Separate 5ft Bike Lanes (on street)
- Narrowing the vehicle travel lanes to 10ft to reduce speeding
- Adding speed tables and/or raised intersections where feasible
- Preserving on street parking on Gulf Winds Dr between 64th Ave and Gulf Blvd
This letter has been delivered to all residents living directly on Gulf Winds Dr. The window to submit comments will be open until October 22, 2021. If the City does not receive any additional feedback it will assume the community is accepting of the proposed concepts (listed above) and will move forward with a design proposal to the City Commission to commence work.
Should you have any further questions or comments regarding the Gulf Winds Dr repaving project, please contact the Community Development Department at (727) 363-9213 or email email@example.com