Hurricane Season Preparedness
- Hurricane Re-Entry Pass Sign Up
- Know your evacuation zone and options. On St. Pete Beach, it may be necessary to evacuate.
- Stock up on important supplies and create necessary checklists and plans. At the beginning of the season, our area has a tax-free shopping week for hurricane supplies to assist residents in taking the necessary precautions. Learn more at the Pinellas County website.
- Download the Pinellas County Readiness App
- Make final decisions before the storm hits on whether you will stay or evacuate, keeping in mind some conditions and areas may be under mandatory evacuation orders.
- Check conditions along your evacuation route and shelter information/availability
- Note warnings about storm surge, flooding, and dangerous riptides. Most hurricane deaths are caused by storm surge. Do not ignore "a little water."
There are several shelter options in Pinellas County. There are 3 pet-friendly shelters in the county. Gibbs High School is the closest to St. Pete Beach.
- Gibbs High School - 850 34th Street S, St. Petersburg
- Largo High School - 410 Missouri Avenue N, Largo
- Palm Harbor University High School 1900 Omaha Street, Palm Harbor