Flooding & Property
Knowing what to do in a flood is important but so is understanding what floods mean for your property. The following information covers flooding in relation to permits, certifications, and insurance:
- Community Rating System: Know the Hazards Before You Buy
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) 2020 Update to Elevation Certificates and Forms (PDF)
- FEMA Publications
- FEMA rules govern all building in the City of St. Pete Beach, including the 50% threshold
- Flood Elevation Certificate: Know What They Are and How to Get One
- Flood Insurance: Is it mandatory? Here's what you need to know.
- FloodSmart - National Flood Insurance Program
- Gulf of Mexico Tide Gauge
- Interactive Map of Flood Zones, the Coastal High Hazard Area, and Other Valuable Data for the City of St. Pete Beach
- National Flood Insurance Program - Aims to reduce the impact of flooding on private and public structures
- Paradise News, May 2020 Artilce "Property In St Pete Beach Is Subject to Flooding (PDF)"
- Pinellas County Building Requirements
- Pinellas County Flood Map Information Center - This valuable resource/interactive map details flood risk information, FEMA flood zones, storm surge, etc.
- Program for Public Information: This county program facilitates better communication with citizens to provide information about flooding, flood safety, insurance, and ways to protect property.
- Reduce the Risk of Flood Damage to Your Property
- St. Pete Beach FEMA Flood Map
- Flood Insurance Rate Map Zone Information - For Lending Institutions and Real Estate and Insurance Agents